Broadmayne Parish Council: location of public land and building assets
Description Present use Location Owner/custodian Date of acquisition Cost of acquisition Other comment
Parcel of land Allotments Chalky Road, Broadmayne Broadmayne PC 31-Oct-79 None; it was gifted to the Parish Council
             
Parcel of land, measuring 0.245 of an acre Children's Play area Junction of Cowleaze Road and Chalky Road Broadmayne PC but managed by Broadmayne Playing Fields Association 04-Apr-67 The land now occupied by the Play Area was Glebe Land and was sold by the incumbent to H Mears (Building Contractors) Ltd for 300 on 24 September 1964. In April 1967 it was sold to the Parish Council for 400. BPFA has a 60 year licence, expiring 2030, to use the land. It pays a rent of 1 per annum to the Parish Council.
             
Parcel of land measuring two acres, two roods and 13 perches. Playing field Junction of Cowleaze Road and Osmington Drove Broadmayne PC but managed by Broadmayne Playing Fields Association 31-Oct-27 The land was sold to the Parish Council in 1927 for 255 for use as allotments. However in 1963 the Ministry of Housing and Local Government approved change of use to playing fields, and for it to be leased to the Playing Fields Association. BPFA has a 60 year licence, expiring 2030, to use the land. It pays a rent of 1 per annum to the Parish Council.
             
Village hall Village hall - used for varied community purposes and private lettings Junction of Cowleaze Road and Osmington Drove Broadmayne Village Hall (registered charity) but Broadmayne PC owns the land on which the hall sits The land on which the hall sits was purchased by the Parish Council in 1927 (see above). The land on which the hall sits was leased to the Trustees of Broadmayne Village Hall on 12 November 1984 Broadmayne Village Hall is a charity and has a 99 year lease on the land it occupies, expiring 2083. It pays a rent of 1 per annum to the Parish Council.